Maintenance

SANTAMARGHERITA® Quartz kitchen tops feature high scratch resistance, low water absorption and high chemical resistance. Kitchen substances of everyday use will not leave surface stains. Our polished finish is exceptionally stain resistant and does not retain dirt, making it easy to keep clean.

Easy Cleaning. SANTAMARGHERITA surfaces don't hold stains nor halos. For daily use, a damp cloth and a mild detergent is all that’s needed to maintain its beauty. Always thoroughly rinse with water and a soft cloth or paper towel. You can also use products specifically designed for natural stone surfaces.

Scratch Resistant. SANTAMARGHERITA® Quartz features a high scratch resistance and is very durable. However, no surface is indestructible. To preserve surface aesthetics from alterations, we recommend protecting it with a cutting board when using knives or sharp objects.

Acid and Liquid Resistant. SANTAMARGHERITA quartz polished surfaces are nonporous and highly resistent to liquids and acids such as coffee, wine, lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, and makeup. Every-day cooking substances don't affect our polished surfaces.

Heat Resistant. SANTAMARGHERITA® Quartz is tested to withstand high temperatures for occasional and short contact with hot food or liquids. However, it is not heat proof. We recommend the use of trivets or other heat resistant pads and to avoid direct contact with heat sources such as saucepans, frying pans, or deep-fat fryers, pots, irons and open flame.

Precautions.

Avoid contact with:

- Alkaline chemicals (acetone, caustic soda, etc.);

- Pure ammonia or ammonia-based cleaners;

- Solvents in general (eg. nail polish removers or solvents for paints containing trichlorethylene and methylene chloride);

- Brighteners, oily soaps, inks and permanent markers;

- Steel wool pads, abrasive and micro-abrasive cleaners such as creams or powders;

- Strong detergents such as those for cleaning the oven;

- Wax polishes or products containing wax that could cause a loss of luster.

In case of contact with any of the above, it is recommended to immediately rinse thoroughly with water. Avoid any misuse.